This green superfood salad is packed full of nutrient rich ingredients and is every bit as tasty as it looks. I’m all about healthy food that looks good and tastes good!
It’s a quick and easy salad and a great way of incorporating ingredients like broccoli and asparagus into your diet. It’s topped off with a delicious orange, honey and sesame dressing.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Juice of one orange
- 1.5 teaspoons honey
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Add quinoa to boiling water and cook for around 8-10 minutes. Strain and set aside
- Add broccoli , peas and asparagus to boiling water and cook for approx 4 minutes. When cooked, strain and soak in cold water for a few seconds to stop the cooking process
- Add quinoa and vegetables to a serving bowl with the chopped cherry tomatoes
- Mix orange juice, honey, lime juice and sesame seeds together and pour over the salad