I had every intention of sharing my slow cooker chicken broth recipe with you today but we’re having a heatwave in London so I abandoned that idea and made dairy free strawberry ice cream for breakfast! Ice cream on a boiling hot day pretty much felt like the best thing in the world this morning. There’s only four ingredients included in this recipe and it takes less than five minutes to make. You have to be a little prepared in advance by making sure you have bananas and strawberries in the freezer. The only other important thing to remember is that you want to slice the banana into small pieces before freezing, which makes it much easier to blend.
I’m a big lover of ice cream and it’s one of those things I find quite hard to resist. The problem is dairy doesn’t make me feel very good and I know lots of other people have the same issue. The good news is this dairy free ice cream is so delicious and it leaves you feeling wonderful. It reminds me of a cross between a sorbet and regular ice cream. It’s made mostly from fruit which makes it light and refreshing and the frozen banana makes it delicious and creamy.
If you have kids they will absolutely love this! It tastes like a treat but it’s so healthy you can eat it for breakfast. Perfect!
- 4 bananas, frozen and cut into small pieces to freeze overnight
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- Add banana, strawberries and vanilla to food processor or high powered blender. Blend for a couple of minutes until the fruit starts to form a crumbly consistency
- Add milk gradually and leave to blend for another couple of minutes until desired consistency