French toast is a perfect Sunday breakfast. It’s not something I eat regularly but if I fancy a change from smoothies and porridge this is always a great option.
Before I learnt to make French toast, I always thought it sounded fancy and was something I only ever ate when I went out for breakfast. In reality it’s incredibly simple, all you need to do is dip the bread in some lightly beaten egg and fry it. It couldn’t be simpler! I love to serve it with fresh berries and maple syrup.
It’s great to make if you’re cooking for a special occasion or for someone special. It looks pretty, tastes delicious and who doesn’t love a little maple syrup in the morning!
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 pieces whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ cup fresh berries
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and beat well
- Add vanilla and cinnamon and stir
- Add coconut oil to frying pan and put on a medium heat
- Dip bread in egg mixture and coat well until the egg has soaked into the bread
- Put bread in frying pan and cook for several minutes or until the bottom is cooked and golden
- Flip over and cook on the other side
- Serve with berries and maple syrup