Who knew green beans could be so tasty! These green beans are cooked in coconut oil and seasoned with garlic and chill. They have so much flavour and are the perfect side dish to any meal. I’ve been known to eat a whole bowl of these on their own.
A side of plain green beans can often be quite boring but for a little extra effort you’ll be rewarded with a super tasty dish that you’ll want to add to every meal.
I’m attempting to eat more locally grown foods, so when I saw these green beans were grown in Wiltshire, I filled up my basket and we proceeded to eat these for the next couple of weeks.
- 500g green beans
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Chop ends of green beans and add to a large pot of boiling water. Cook for three minutes. Strain and place in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Add coconut oil to a frying pan and cook the garlic and chilli for approximately two minutes
- Add the green beans and fry for a further three minutes
- Place green beans on a serving bowl. Season with lime juice and salt + pepper