These whole wheat croutons are coated with garlic and oregano and baked in the oven until golden and crispy. They are the perfect addition to soups and salads and can be adapted to use whatever flavours you fancy.
They are so delicious and in just over 10 minutes you can make a simple meal a little more fancy.
- 6 pieces whole wheat bread
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Cut crusts of bread and chop into cubes
- Add minced garlic to a bowl with the olive oil and oregano and mix well
- Add bread to olive oil mixture and toss well so they are all coated evenly
- Add bread to roasting tray lined with tin foil and cook for 10 minutes until golden and crunchy
- Flip croutons over and cook for a further 5 minutes