I love this green smoothie recipe, it’s pretty much a liquid salad. During winter, the idea of eating a salad just isn’t as appealing as a warming, hearty meal. That said, I still want my body to have a good intake of leafy green vegetables and green smoothies are wonderful for this. They are so easy to make and within five minutes I can make and drink a whole lot of goodness without having to force myself to eat a salad when the temperature is hitting zero outside!
The combination of cucumber, avocado and ginger makes it wonderfully refreshing but also filling.
It does look a little like green sludge but it’s yummy and packed full of nutrients that leaves my body feeling energised and rejuvenated.
Give it a try!
- 2 large handfuls spinach, washed
- 3 large lettuce leaves, washed
- Juice of lemon or lime
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 2 kiwi fruit
- ½ a cucumber, skin removed
- 1 large chunk of ginger (3cms)
- 1 stick of celery
- Half an avocado
- 1 banana
- Add spinach and lettuce to the blender with 1 cup of water and the juice of one lemon or lime and blend well
- Peel the skin off the cucumber, ginger and kiwi fruit and add to the blender along with the avocado, celery and banana
- Blend on high speed for approx two minutes