You know those days when you just feel like staying in your pyjamas, watching your favourite show and hiding from the world for a few hours. Well this is the perfect meal for that day.
These pizzas are low-key but they sure do deliver on flavour. They take no more than 15 minutes to make and with the addition of a whole wheat pizza base and fresh green vegetables, it’s a healthier pizza alternative.
These mini vegetarian pizzas are coated with a homemade tomato sauce, topped with asparagus, a sprinkling of cheese and fresh basil. I didn’t bother making my own pizza dough because this recipe is meant to be for days when you feel like taking it easy.
- 2 pita breads
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 4 asparagus stems
- ⅓ cup cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- Toast pitas lightly under the grill on both sides until they get a little colour
- Add asparagus to boiling water and cook for three minutes. Put cooked asparagus in cold water to stop the cooking process. You want the asparagus to remain vibrant and keep a little crunch
- Add tomato paste, sliced tomato and chopped asparagus to pita bread. Top with grated cheese and a sprinkling of fresh basil and cracked pepper
- Put under grill until cheese is nicely melted.