Smoothies are a wonderful addition to any healthy eating regime. In just a few minutes you can have a filling and nutritious snack.
It’s a great solution to crush any cravings for sweet things you might be having. A banana smoothie is a much better option than grabbing a chocolate bar or biscuits.
I make smoothies regularly and this is one of my favourites. It’s particularly good before or after a workout to give you some much needed energy. The added dates and peanut butter make it sweet and creamy. It feels like a treat!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup almond milk (or your favourite milk)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon organic peanut butter with no added sugar
- 2 mejool dates
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 2 minutes
- Pour into a glass, add a sprinkling of cinnamon over the top and drink