Last weekend I made these delicious waffles which I had to share with you straight away. They are such a treat and they’re made with healthy wholesome ingredients so no need to feel guilty. I often make the batter the night before and then it’s all ready to go when you are hungry in the morning.
They are made with spelt flour which has a wonderful taste and the added banana gives it a natural sweetness. I topped them with maple syrup and extra chopped banana to make them extra delicious. If you have a big family, my recommendation is to get a waffle iron that cooks a couple at a time. Waffle irons are relatively inexpensive and I’m so glad we finally decided to get one. We rarely eat out for breakfast, so it’s great to be able to make something that feels a little more fancy than our regular weekday breakfasts. It’s healthy, delicious and tastes like a treat. You can’t go wrong!
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup finely chopped almonds
- 1.5 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1¾ cups almond milk
- Add flour, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda, almonds and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl
- Add lightly whisked eggs, mashed banana and almond milk and stir until well combined
- Place in fridge for half an hour or overnight
- Pour half cup of batter ontp a greased, hot waffle iron and cook until ready
- Serve with banana slices and maple syrup