This salad is wonderfully bright and fresh. It’s a perfect summer salad and the combination of beetroot and carrot is delicious. It’s a simple salad that is ideal to take on picnics or to a BBQ.
I’m on a beetroot kick at the moment; I can’t get enough of them! My kitchen has been filled with them over the last month and it’s been fun experimenting with new beetroot recipes. Initially I started upping my beet intake because it’s so beneficial to the liver and anything that could help to support and heal my liver I jumped on board with. Now I’ve fallen in love with them and they are a regular part of my diet.
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 2 beetroot's, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Peel the skin off the beetroot + carrot and grate
- Mix together balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar and honey
- Pour dressing over salad and sprinkle a few fresh basil leaves over the top