This recipe is a great option to make in advance for lunch or even a simple dinner for the family will work as well.
The biggest tip I can give you is to look for a good quality basil pesto. You want a pesto that looks bright green and vibrant. That way you know it’s fresh and packed with lots of flavour.
If you have the time you can even try your hand at making my favourite pesto recipe. It’s worth it, not many taste better than this.
However seeing as the intention for this recipe is to be quick, by all means go out and buy some already made jarred pesto.
The modern world is full of many marvelous things. Did you know you can buy jarred whole red roasted peppers? I didn’t until I created this recipe! I have only ever roasted my own red peppers which while simple enough to do is also time consuming.
Ok so now you have your pesto and red peppers, go ahead and cook the pasta and mix everything together. Add a whole heap of chopped greens to help make it a balanced and nutritious meal and you’re good to go.
If you wanted to make the recipe a little more fancy, a sprinkling of feta cheese would be a winner as well!
- 400g whole wheat pasta
- 1 (12-ounce) jar red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) jar pesto (about ¾ cup)
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach or basil or rocket, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet. Strain water and run cold water over the paste for a few seconds. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pesto and mix well to ensure all the pasta is coated.
- Add peppers, greens and cherry tomatoes. Mix well.
- You can eat this hot or cold, both are great!